Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Vampire Stalker

The Vampire Stalker
By: Allison Van Diepen
Rating: Incredibly AWESOME
Age Group: 12+
Summary (from Amazon.com): What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?
Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.
My Thoughts: So I loved this book.  I liked the double meaning in the title, too.  This book just sucked me in and I couldn’t put it down!   The writing was very clear without being flowery, and the plot was strong.  All of the characters seemed so real and I liked most of them (Amy’s sister was just awful).  The relationships developed believably and the characters themselves developed believably as well.  And the romance in this novel?  SO CUTE!  I fell in love with Alexander right along with 8021 other ladies, and I’m sure that number is just going to keep going up.  But the thing I liked most about this book was that Amy didn’t dwell too much on anything.  For example, her parents are separated and it’s because her father left them for another woman.  We are told what she thinks about this and you can tell that she hasn’t really forgiven her father, but we aren’t told over and over again about it.  In a lot of books, characters will dwell on such things and reflect on them a great deal even if it’s not necessary for the books plot, which can get annoying.   All in all, I just loved everything about this book and I’ll definitely be rereading it when I get the chance. 
Books with similar themes:  The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls for Jersey By: Lisa Papademetriou, Inkheart By: Cornelia Funke , My Fair Godmother By: Janette Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment